As I sat down, wondering what to write on this forgotten blog – I received my father’s email sent to me and my siblings. My father who I fondly refer to as AJ, his initials, wrote from his heart, as he always does. It touched a chord in my heart and I could not help but share with all my friends and family. We can all learn a few words of wisdom from a man I admire most in my life.
My personal favourite is lesson no. 4. Which one is yours?
“My very dear ones,
After a few days I am completing three years after my retirement. These THREE years have enabled me to understand this world in a much better way than previous sixty years on life. I have learnt few lessons which I want to share with you. I believe anyone who would follow these would be at least a satisfied person like me. I am thankful to God almighty for helping me to understand these TEN lessons in their true spirits. These lessons are:-
1) Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you and move out of their way
2) The only constant in life is change… Get comfortable with it
3) Fail often, fail quickly….you’ll never succeed unless you take risks
4) You only get one shot – make it count!
5) Your schedule makes you dumber…find time to learn about worlds outside of the one you live in.
6) Good ideas rule all.
7) Believe in a Bawaqar Pakistan…You would make it happen, not others.
8) Family first…if some situation arises.
9) Make your own definitions of success and believe that you can make it happen.
10) Only God can can help you….nobody else!
God be with you in whatever you do in your life, I love you all.”